WHEN IS FOAM SCLEROTHERAPY ADVICED?
- As an adjuvant to EVLT procedure.
- For removing tiny spider veins or tributaries around varicose veins.
HOW SUCCESFUL IS THE PROCEDURE ?
- 80-85 % of the veins get blocked.
- 1-15 %is recorrence of new veins in 6 wks to 6 yrs.
WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF FOAM SCLEROTHERAPY ?
- Day care procedure
- Only 30-45 min.
- Painless procedure relatively
- Minimal side effects
- Excellent results
WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS ?
- Usually minimal
- Swelling , lumpiness around the injection site
- Allergy to sclerosant, blood clot
- Itching and stinging sensation
- Hyperpigmentation which fades away with time
HOW MUCH IS THE POST PROCEDURE PAIN AND CARE ?
After the procedure compression stockings will be given to wear which will lower any amount of discomfort if any. Walking and even cycling a few days after your procedure is recommended . Ultrasound is required after 4 weeks sometimes.