WHEN IS AMBULATORY PHLEBECTOMY BENEFICIAL ?
- As an adjuvant to EVLT procedure.
- For removing superficial and asymptomatic superficial vein.
HOW SUCCESFUL IS THE PROCEDURE ?
The long term results are excellent when procedure is performed for appropriate reasons.
WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF AMBULATORY PHLEBECTOMY?
- Opd procedure
- Only 30-45 min.
- Painless procedure relatively
- Minimal side effects
- Excellent results
WHAT ARE THE COMPLICATIONS?
- Usually minimal
- Swelling , lumpiness around the injection site
- Allergy to sclerosant, blood clot
HOW MUCH IS THE POST PROCEDURE PAIN AND CARE?
After the procedure compression stockings will be given to wear which will lower any amount of discomfort if any. Walking and even cycling a few days after your procedure is recommended .